For this week’s One Meal for All recipe, I’m diverging from the theme a little as this recipe isn’t baby-led weaning friendly. In fact it’s very un-baby friendly (although my son loved the couple of cheeky spoonfuls I let him have… naughty mummy). No, this is very much a grown up treat to be savoured with a cup of tea or a post-bedtime gin (or lunch-time gin, whatevs). Best of all it takes literally 5 minutes to make.
I’ve adapted it from the brilliant Table for Two blog to make it gluten-free.
Prep time: 5 minutes
2 tbsp rice flour*
1 tbsp cornflour*
1 tbsp soy flour*
1/4 tsp xanthan gum*
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp Nutella
*these are all absolute store-cupboard musts if you’re going to be doing any gluten-free/low FODMAP baking.
- Whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk and vegetable oil and whisk until all the lumps have gone.
- Pour the mixture into a microwave-safe mug.
- Dollop the Nutella on top.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds (this is in a 800W oven- adapt the time for your microwave). It will be slightly gooey still- perfect.
Check out my other vegetarian low FODMAP recipes.