How is it a month since I wrote September’s Me and Mine?! October’s been a very exciting month and seems to have whizzed past in the blink of an eye.
October has been all about:
- Becoming an auntie for the first time to a gorgeous baby boy!
- Taking T to meet his brand new cousin.
- Laughing at S limping around after getting a tattoo on his leg.
- Meeting up with my lovely friend, watching her try on wedding dresses and find ‘the one’!
- Catching up over a pub lunch with our friends and their little boy.
- Cutting back on blogging to find a better blog-life balance.
- Coming up with lots of exciting ideas for the future of the blog.
A tradition that I’ve decided to start this year is to take T pumpkin picking at Millets Farm in Oxfordshire in the run up to Halloween. It will be great to take him when he’s a bit older too as they also had a circus and a spooky maze.
T was wearing his little skeleton outfit that we bought him for Halloween and I got into the spirit of things by wearing skeleton tights. S did not dress up. Hopefully by next year I can convince him what a great idea it would be.
It’s not a great picture of us, T looks like he’s whining (I think he was actually smiling!), and S looks grumpy. He has very little patience for me taking family pictures and wasn’t impressed that I was balancing my camera on a pumpkin. Hopefully he will start to realise that it’s a good idea when we have a little series of pictures to look back on.
It may not be the best picture of us all but I’m quite proud of my editing- I even photoshopped out a couple of people that were in the background. It’s the first time I’ve ever tried to do that and I’m quite pleased with the results!
We walked all through the pumpkins looking for the perfect one. Eventually we found it, it even had a handy stalk for carrying it back. Erm, actually I don’t think you’re supposed to carry them by their stalk- it snapped and the pumpkin exploded, oops!